Catalytic Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts Alkylations of Indoles with alpha’-Phosphoric Enones
Link: Org Lett ASAP Hyeyeon Yang, Young-Taek Hong, and Sunggak Kim* Center for Molecular Design & Synthesis and Department of Chemistry, School of Molecular Science, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305-701, Korea Friedel-Crafts alkylation of indoles and pyrrole was accomplished. The catalyst for this reaction is the copper-py-box complex 1a and the alkyl counterparts were the alpha’-phosphate enones. Both indoles and pyrrole were alkylated at the 3-position on the ring.
The reaction was best conducted in CH2Cl2 at low temperatures. The reaction was applicable to a wide variety of both indoles and enones as shown in Tables 2 and 3. As can be seen, the reaction afforded the products in excellent yields and ees.
The reaction also worked well with N-methyl pyrrole.
The products could be elaborated in subsequent reactions as shown in equations below.
The mechanism of this reaction has been well-studied and it is represented in the figure below.
3 Comments »
- Stereoselective Monofluoromethylation of Primary and Secondary Alcohols by Using a Fluorocarbon Nucleophile in a Mitsunobu Reaction
- CuI-Catalyzed Conjugate Addition of Ethyl Propiolate
- Total Synthesis and Stereochemistry of Uncialamycin
- Asymmetric Synthesis of syn-alpha-Substituted beta-Amino Ketones by Using Sulfinimines and Prochiral Weinreb Amide Enolates
- Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of gamma-Hydroxy-alpha,beta-acetylenic Esters Catalyzed by a beta-Sulfonamide Alcohol
- Catalytic Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts Alkylations of Indoles with alpha’-Phosphoric Enones
- alpha-Amidation of Cyclic Ethers Catalyzed by Simple Copper Salt and a Mild and Efficient Preparation Method for alpha,omega-Amino Alcohols
- Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Arylation of Aryl(azaaryl)methanes with Aryl Halides Providing Triarylmethanes
- Synthesis of Kaempferitrin
- Methylpentanediolborane: Easy Access to New Air- and Chromatography-Stable, Highly Functionalized Vinylboronates
- Trichloromethyltrimethylsilane, Sodium Formate, and Dimethylformamide: A Mild, Efficient, and General Method for the Preparation of Trimethylsilyl-Protected 2,2,2-Trichloromethylcarbinols from Aldehydes and Ketones
- Palladium-Catalyzed Synthesis of Substituted Cycloheptane-1,4-diones by an Asymmetric Ring-Expanding Allylation (AREA)