CuI-Catalyzed Conjugate Addition of Ethyl Propiolate
Link: ACIEE EarlyView
Shinji Fujimori, Erick M. Carreira*
Laboratorium für Organische Chemie, ETH Zürich, 8093 Zürich, Switzerland
This is a methodology paper on copper (II)-assisted 1,4-alkyl propiolate addition to Meldrum’s acid-derived enonone. The method is general to many Meldrum’s acid derivatives, and the products obtained can certainly be used as valuable building blocks.
The reaction seems to be mild, plus it is run in aqueous media! In achiral Meldrum’s acid derivatives, the results are excellent as seen in Table 1.
The products from this reaction can be elaborated as illustrated below in a hydrogenation.
And when the enone derivatives contained chiral elements in the R group, the reaction occurred stereoselectively in a substrate-controlled fashion.
To demonstrate the usefulness of the products further, the folllowing scheme shows that the products could be subjected through a series of transformations to give valuable chiral building blocks (9a and 9b).
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply
- Stereoselective Monofluoromethylation of Primary and Secondary Alcohols by Using a Fluorocarbon Nucleophile in a Mitsunobu Reaction
- CuI-Catalyzed Conjugate Addition of Ethyl Propiolate
- Total Synthesis and Stereochemistry of Uncialamycin
- Asymmetric Synthesis of syn-alpha-Substituted beta-Amino Ketones by Using Sulfinimines and Prochiral Weinreb Amide Enolates
- Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of gamma-Hydroxy-alpha,beta-acetylenic Esters Catalyzed by a beta-Sulfonamide Alcohol
- Catalytic Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts Alkylations of Indoles with alpha’-Phosphoric Enones
- alpha-Amidation of Cyclic Ethers Catalyzed by Simple Copper Salt and a Mild and Efficient Preparation Method for alpha,omega-Amino Alcohols
- Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Arylation of Aryl(azaaryl)methanes with Aryl Halides Providing Triarylmethanes
- Synthesis of Kaempferitrin
- Methylpentanediolborane: Easy Access to New Air- and Chromatography-Stable, Highly Functionalized Vinylboronates
- Trichloromethyltrimethylsilane, Sodium Formate, and Dimethylformamide: A Mild, Efficient, and General Method for the Preparation of Trimethylsilyl-Protected 2,2,2-Trichloromethylcarbinols from Aldehydes and Ketones
- Palladium-Catalyzed Synthesis of Substituted Cycloheptane-1,4-diones by an Asymmetric Ring-Expanding Allylation (AREA)